- This event has passed.
Election of County Officers
January 4, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Every two years the Rockingham County Republican Committee elects its Executive Board. That election will take place on January 4, 2017.
In accordance with the By-Laws of NHGOP and the Rockingham County Republican Committee (RCRC), a “Nominating Committee” has been appointed to collect applications from candidates wshing to run for an Officer position for the RCRC. The appointed committee members are Brian Griset as Chairman, Senator Regina Birdsell and the Honorable Joanne Ward.
The Nominating Committee is charged with conducting the search for candidates, reviewing all applications and making recommendations to the full Committee at the RCRC meeting to be held on January 4, 2017 in accordance with Article V of the County By-laws.
The procedure established for nominations this year and the timeline are as follows:
- December 26th: County Chairman sends out Request for Nominations and Candidate Questionnaire to the entire County list.
- All Town Chairs are instructed to immediately forward to all their membership. Town Chair Instructions are to clearly state the deadline for submissions of nominations is midnight, January 1st.
- For those Candidates wishing to be nominated for one of the RCRC Officer positions, they have until midnight January 1, 2017 to return their resume, candidate questionnaire and statement of reason for running for office. All submissions should be sent by email to the Nominating Committee Chairman at: [email protected]
- December 29th: The County Chairman will send a reminder that only 3 days remain for submission of Candidate Applications. Town Chairs are to forward to their membership.
- January 1st: Deadline for submission of nomination, resume and questionnaire by email to the Nominating Chair: [email protected]
- January 2nd and 3rd: The Nominating Committee will review each application, confer and make their determinations of the proposed slate based upon majority vote, stating reason for choice.
- January 3rd: Evening, we contact those that are chosen as slate to inform them so they may be prepared to make speech. Must keep private until meeting on 4th.
January 4th: County Caucus- The Nominating Committee will make the proposed County Officers slate recommendations to the full County Delegates prior to the opening of nominations from the floor.
Please contact Brian Murphy, RCRC Chairman with questions.